Google Translation

Monday, July 12, 2010

Project 6D: Entrance




BEFORE                 &                 AFTER



Two things I know very early on that I wanted for the entrance:  Chandelier & Wallpaper.



The rest of the entrance & hallway took shape once we had the wallpaper picked out.



I also wanted to add a shoe closet in this corner behind the entrance door.
        


95%  Completed: waiting for the coat hooks to be installed and bench cushion to be made.                                      



We were so happy to have found this Jacobean sideboard in a local shop that fit perfectly in  the space.



The entrance space hosted a collection of H's grandfather's oil and water paintings.
Most paintings were the sceneries of Gastein, Austria.
A few more paintings will have their spots on the wall once they are properly framed.



We added crown molding to dress up the ceiling.  It made the room so much prettier.
The wallpaper was a lot of fun.  I would do it in other rooms if I have the money and time to find the right wallpapers.
The whole entrance reminds me of a different time and place, like London in the 19th Century.






No comments:

Post a Comment