Google Translation

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Argentina -- Puerto Madero & San Telmo Antiques Fair 9.7.08


  

 * Puerto Madero                                                 *San Telmo Antiques Fair


It was down to our last couple of hours in Buenos Aires.  It had been a hectic trip in Buenos Aires.  I did not feel that I had enough time to explore the city.  I would love to have more time for shopping, try many other restaurants, and visit Once, Belgrano, or even La Boca barrios. 

Despite the late night partying, I dragged H out of the bed by 10AM.  We took the radio taxi to Puerto Madero.  Along the Julieta Lanteri street, many parrilla food carts started setting up the grills.  There were also many outdoor booths selling arts & crafts.

We walked to San Telmo to catch the Sunday antique fair as our last stop in BA.  I was glad we made it and saw San Telmo again on Sunday.  It was distinctively Buenos Aires.  San Telmo was probably my favorite barrio among the ones that I visited.  I thought it was colorful with many interesting architectures.  After getting some accessories and souvenirs, it was time to go.  


 
Not before we had our last empanadas in Bonjour Pizza.  
(Anyone knows where to get a good carne empanada in New York? I am hooked!)











 

No comments:

Post a Comment