Google Translation

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mari Vanna -- Russian restaurant near Union Square


Passing by this shabby chic restaurant, Mari Vanna, back in January and was immediately drawn to it.


I am a sucker for packaging.
It doesn't matter what kind of cuisine the restaurant serves or how good the food is, I have to try it.
(Even if it is serving Ethopiean food -- which I am not a fan of.)


I invited a girlfriend to join me for lunch at this lovely place.
Shortly after we walked in, Guess who came into the restaurant for lunch?
Mick Jagger from Rolling Stone strolled in with his family!


The bread was served with basil butter, radish, and a pinch of sea salt.


Herring house cured herring with peanut potatoes and mini rye toast
(Quite salty)


Borsch with pampushka - traditional beet soup with beef


Pelmeni - traditional russian veal dumplings in a lightly herbed butter sauce.
(Love the dumplings with dills. They were surprisingly filling)


The cute Russian Doll cover to keep the dumplings warm.


Salmon - grilled salmon with garden salad


Coffee comes with Pretzel texutre like plain cracker & raspberry jam.


Smetannik -- signature dessert made with creme & berries.


My girlfriend and I enjoyed the interior and the food so much that we had a 4 hour lunch.
The waiters were attentive and patient with us.
I am definitely ready to go back again!




No comments:

Post a Comment